Book a Cheap Car Hire in Canberra Airport
Are you planning to fly to Canberra? BargainWheels can help you find a cheap car hire at Canberra Airport. We compare the best bargains on rental cars so you can easily find the cheapest vehicle. With rental cars direct from the airport, there is no need to catch a shuttle to an off site office to collect a car. This suits most travellers whether it would be for business or pleasure.
Canberra International Airport services the Australian Capital Territory. It originally was an old airstrip that was built in the 1920’s. In the late 1930’s the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) controlled the airport with a section designated for civil aviation. The Canberra International Airport Pty Ltd group bought the lease for the airport in 1988 and the area previously used by the RAAF was sub-leased back to the Air Force.
Canberra Airport is also an emergency stop over for planes that cannot land in Melbourne and Sydney due to weather etc. With Sydney Airport experiencing air traffic dilemmas on an ongoing basis, the Canberra International Airport management are displaying interest in making the Canberra Airport, Sydney’s second airport, relieving Sydney of the problems without it needing a full upgrade.
Why you should use BargainWheels to book a car rental?
- Car rental rates from Canberra Airport can be easily compared with our simple booking system.
- Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Hertz, Europcar and Enterprise are our main suppliers for car hire.
- We can help you book a rental car anywhere in Australia not just Canberra.
- Having a rental car in Canberra can make your stay so much more enjoyable. There are so many attractions to explore and although there is public transport available, collecting a hire car when you arrive at Canberra Airport will allow you to enjoy the sights and attractions, when you like and at your own pace.
- We always have friendly customer care experts ready to help you with your concerns. Contact us today!