Book a Reliable Car Hire in Melbourne Airport
BargainWheels offers total convenience when it comes to picking up your car rental by giving you the option to collect your vehicle from the moment you arrive in Melbourne. This way, you will have more time to do what you want to do. No time wasted on confirming credit card details, trawling car rental websites or waiting in line to collect your car. We have many collection points so you will be able to collect your rental car in a convenient location. If you have no idea where the best location should be, all it takes is a phone call to our friendly customer care team and they will gladly help you out.
Also, don’t bother with pesky bus timetables or flight delays, car hire allows you to see Melbourne on an intimate level, cruising at your own pace, in your own style with your choice of company and music. This kind of freedom and flexibility is our priority when it comes to our customers. Grab this chance now and book a rental vehicle through BargainWheels.
Why rent a car using BargainWheels?
- Choose from a wide selection of rental cars.
- Aside from the fact that you can pick up your rental car in the airport, we also have several pick-up locations perfectly placed throughout Melbourne for your convenience.
- Have inquiries? Contact us and our customer service representatives who will provide you with the most reliable feedback instantly!
NOTE: There is a section provided to enter your flight details. Make sure this is complete so the supplier will know if your flight has been delayed or cancelled. When collecting your rental car from our leading suppliers (Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Europcar, Hertz, or Enterprise (formerly Redspot)), ensure you take a copy of your confirmation details.
Useful information on Melbourne Airport
Melbourne Airport is the primary airport serving the city of Melbourne, and the second busiest airport in Australia; also known as Tullamarine Airport. Opened in 1970 to replace the nearby Essendon Airport, Melbourne Airport (MEL) is the sole international airport of the four airports serving the Melbourne metropolitan area. The airport is 23 km drive from the city centre and is adjacent to the suburb of Tullamarine. It is actually the second busiest airport in Australia.
Melbourne Airport has four terminals servicing 56 gates; 40 for domestic flights and 16 for international flights.
- Terminal 1 accommodates domestic services for Qantas Group airlines, Qantas, Jetstar, and QantasLink and is situated in the northern side of the building. Departures are found on the first floor, and arrivals are on the ground floor.
- Terminal 2 manages all international flights from Melbourne Airport and the city and opened with the airport in 1970.
- Terminal 3 – launched with the airport as the Ansett Australia terminal, but is currently owned by Melbourne Airport. The terminal is home to Virgin Australia and Regional Express Airlines.
- Terminal 4 – previously called the Domestic Express and South Terminal – administers budget airlines and is the first facility of its kind at a conventional airport in Australia. It was initially constructed for Virgin Blue or Virgin Australia and Impulse Airlines. Virgin Blue eventually moved into Terminal 3 following the end of Ansett.
Where to stay in Melbourne
Melbourne Accommodation: Our staff are specialists in car hire at Melbourne Airport and can assist with street maps, general directions, suggestions for Melbourne accommodation and can provide every assistance with your car rental Melbourne.
Melbourne has so many accommodation options, so make sure to choose wisely so you can maximise your stay. Of course, a rental car will allow you to experience Melbourne no matter where you stay, but comfort is the key to enjoying your holiday.
What to do in Melbourne
Formula 1 – Looking for convenient accommodation close to the airport? Then look no more. The Formula 1 Hotel is within walking distance from the Tullamarine airport terminals. You can’t get better than that.
San Remo Holiday Park – If you’re heading to Phillip Island and need a place to park the caravan, then this is the spot for you. It’s close to the coastline and a fantastic spot to rejuvenate and relax.
Where to eat in Melbourne
Melbourne is known for the melting pot of cultures that make up its population. With so many different countries accounted for, the cuisines available within eateries, restaurants, and cafes are endless.
Lygon Street – This popular eating precinct is proud to present the Italian Cuisine and has the most options of its kind in Australia.
Chinatown Melbourne – Located on Little Bourke Street, you can experience the taste of China in the middle of Melbourne city. With inner city parking available, you can drive your rental car in and know that there is somewhere to park it.
Mamasita – If you are in the mood for Mexican food, drive no further than Collins Road. Mamasita has amazing ice cream, tacos, and atmosphere so park your hire car up and enjoy the amazing food and festivities.